Monday, January 2, 2012

January Custard Calendar

Happy New Year! The January custard calendar is up. As we do every month, here are some thoughts.


Monday - cinnamon cream cheese - my first reaction was one of disgust. I have no idea what cinnamon cream cheese tastes like, but was not sure I wanted to find out. Cream cheese custard? Now I'm wondering if we need to try this just because of how different it is.

Tuesday - chocolate hazelnut - always a good combination, but I think this is the same thing they've had before when they called it gianduja instead (why the name change?!). We've mentioned gianduja before as one of our favorites but have never actually reviewed it. I guess we'll just have to go on a Tuesday to get chocolate hazelnut... so hard...

Gianduja from last January

Wednesday - mud pie - I don't think we've ever had this although we've wanted to try it.

Thursday - honey roasted peanut - another one we haven't tried. I'm not a big peanut fan but I think they've also had this before. Maybe we should finally try it.

Friday - red velvet - pretty sure we tried this one and that it came with cake inside (we love those), but can't find a photo of it. Maybe we'll have to try that one again too... also so hard...

Saturday - salted caramel - we tried this one in July and found it more caramel than salted caramel. Would be willing to try it again if they've changed the mixture, but we were pretty disappointed last time.

Sunday - thin mint - we tried this last February and generally liked it. It was just chocolate with some mint mixed in. We gave it an 8 at the time but I'm not sure it deserved that high a rating since we're not even sure we want to go back this month to get more. But I guess it was good at the time?

Any idea what cinnamon cream cheese might taste like? Trying to get the courage to try it... Maybe it'll taste like frosting?

No comments:

Post a Comment