Monday, January 16, 2012

Potbelly Wrecking Ball

Potbelly is a Chicago-based sandwich chain that has recently found its way to New York. M has written about them before and also about her love of their sugar cookies. It took me a little longer to get there even though it was always one of my favorite sandwich spots in Chicago.

Now, everyone has probably heard of In-n-Out's "secret" menu which clearly is no longer a secret. Potbelly has one too. One of these items is what I ordered: the Wrecking Ball. One of their signature sandwiches is the Wreck. A Wreck consists of salami, roast beef, turkey, ham, and swiss cheese. I normally throw this on a whole wheat hero with all of the toppings minus mayo. Now, I had heard of the Wrecking Ball some time ago but had never had a chance to get one. It's basically a Wreck sandwich with some of their meatballs thrown in as well.

Wrecking Ball

I wish I had gotten a better picture as I seem to have missed the creme de la creme of this sandwich, the meatballs. As sad as I am about my picture taking skills (or lack thereof apparently) I was exceedingly happy with my sandwich choice. The normal Wreck is flavorful already with so many different cold cuts piled in, but the added meatballs add a different texture to the mix along with even more flavor. It's a great sandwich, albeit a tad pricey, and probably something I would reserve more for special occasions. I would definitely recommend trying it at least once, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment