Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mozzarella Avocado and Tomato

The January sandwich of the month at Hale and Hearty is the mozzarella, avocado and tomato sandwich. It consists of fresh mozzarella, avocado and ripe tomato, topped with baby arugula and a zesty lemon aioli (according to the website). The sandwich is on honey wheat pullman bread.


I really liked the mozzarella/avocado/tomato part of the sandwich. It was juicy and flavorful. The lemon aioli wasn't very zesty, but did add a nice bit of citrus. I wasn't a big fan of the bread as it's a little stiff and the ingredients run out before the bread, but I'm also just partial to sandwiches on Hale and Hearty's ciabatta square. It's a solid sandwich of the month, but I probably won't get it again as I like my other favorites there better. Can't wait to see what the February sandwich is (since I'm hoping to try all the monthly specials).

No comments:

Post a Comment