Sunday, January 8, 2012

My C1 Habit

I have written about a lot of sandwiches on here but there is one sandwich that I probably eat more regularly than any other combination. I haven't posted about it here although I've mentioned it a few times, so it's probably time that I officially introduce you to the C1 sandwich at Lenny's.


The C1 sandwich (the first option on the cold cut menu) consists of cracked pepper turkey, pastrami seasoned turkey breast, jalapeno monterey jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and capers (although I order it without capers). You can get it on any type of bread that Lenny's offers but I usually go with a whole wheat roll (no extra charge).


It seems fitting that my "regular" sandwich was the first sandwich I ate by choice in 2012. (I had two sandwich halves from someplace else which is usually not bad at a work lunch this week but they were not very good at all and it was really disappointing.) I love how this sandwich has so much flavor with the seasoned turkey and the jack cheese, and the refreshing crunchiness of the lettuce, tomatoes and red onions is great. It's also not thin and bready like a Subway sandwich. It's just a really satisfying sandwich. I don't think it needs the capers. They add some sourness, but I think the sandwich is pretty darn good without it. If you like capers a lot, you might want to try it with it.


I've tried a lot of sandwiches over the years - some good, some bad - but this seems to be the one I get the most. Part of this is because there's a Lenny's shop very close to our apartment but we also just really like the (reasonably priced) sandwiches. Any recommendations for other good (and somewhat healthy) sandwiches?

No comments:

Post a Comment