Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mud Pie

The Wednesday custard of the month for January is mud pie. According to the Shake Shack folks, mud pie is vanilla custard with fudge sauce, a touch of coffee, and chocolate cookies.


A's take:
At first, I couldn't quite pin the taste down. It tasted like chocolate milk since it was vanilla custard with chocolate fudge/syrup mixed in. I didn't really get any hint of coffee, and the chocolate cookies were more wafer-ish than cookie. The cookies added some texture to the custard, but in the end they were a bit forgettable. As I ate, I kept trying to figure out what the flavor really was, and then it finally hit me. It tastes just like a Wendy's Frosty. All in all, the custard was tasty since I like Frosty's, but the extra additions (cookies and coffee?) didn't really add much.

M's take:
Like A, I thought this tasted just like a frosty. The cookies, if crumbled, reminded me of the chocolate crunchies that you get in yummy Carvel ice cream cakes. They didn't seem entirely necessary even though I usually like variation in texture in the custards. It was a good custard, but I could easily get a frosty for cheaper and it's healthier (I think).

Mud pie
A's rating: 7.5/10
M's rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment