Friday, March 13, 2015

Double Cooked Pork with Dried Bean Curd

So now I know I've gone to Hunan Manor a lot. Last time I went I thought the lady at the counter nodded as I was saying my name. Today all I said was, "pickup," and she responded with, "A?" So yeah, pretty sure I've been there a lot. Today I got the double cooked pork with dried bean curd.


This was a flavorful dish. It had pork that tasted similar to the preserved pork from the aforementioned previous visit, but this was sliced smaller and more thinly. That allowed the meat to be a little more tender though a few pieces were on the tougher side still. The rest of the dish consisted of the dried bean curd slices, leeks, garlic, and a lot of sliced green chilis.

The pork and the sauce are a little on the salty side, but the dried bean curd helps to cut that and balances out the dish really well. The green chilis offer heat, but they also add a subtle sweetness that's really nice in this dish. Overall I liked this dish, though I still think I like the sour string beans with yam cake the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment