Thursday, March 19, 2015

Beer Battered Sweet Onion Rings

For the past few months, I've been heading to the frozen aisle at Trader Joe's on every visit, hoping and hoping to see bags of their beer battered sweet onion rings, only to find nothing. This was a frequent buy for me last year around this time, but then I stopped buying them for a bit, only to start craving them again once winter rolled around. (Did you guess this was an old unwritten post in the drafts list? If so, you were right.) When I first started looking again, the product tag was still in the freezer case, so I thought they were just out of stock when I showed up, but since then, the tag's been gone and it's just fries and tater tots and mozzarella sticks. Where are the onion rings?!


Why do I miss these so much? They were great onion rings. The rings were a good size, the onions were sweet, the batter was thin and light, and the onion rings crisped up so well in the oven. They were the perfect snack for someone who loves onion rings. They also tasted healthier and lighter and more natural than some other onion rings you can buy or get at restaurants.


I keep hoping they'll return, but what do I get if they don't? Burger King? I don't have enough onions in the fridge right now to make my own, not to mention the time and effort that would be involved when I just want a quick snack of a few rings. I guess I might have to branch out and try frozen onion rings from other places, but these were just so good. I really hope they're not discontinued forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment