Monday, October 27, 2014

Turkey Cranberry Apple Sausage

Just in time for the heart of the fall season, Trader Joe's has an uncured turkey cranberry apple sausage ($4.99) on the shelves. I think it's new (if it's not, I haven't seen it before), and I was really excited to try it as the turkey part of a mini-Thanksgiving dinner (more on that soon).


The sausage is made up of turkey, sweetened dried cranberries, vinegar, cane sugar, dried apples, salt, celery juice powder, black pepper, dried onions, sage, and thyme. When I tried my first piece, it tasted like a wonderful combination of turkey and stuffing, which was great since I absolutely love stuffing. After some thought, I realized why. It was more accurately like the innards of a Thanksgiving sandwich and we all know how much I love Thanksgiving sandwiches and their awesome combination of turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. The sausages also had a perfect level of sage, and we love sage.


Buy Again? Yes. We really liked this. It's a perfect sausage for fall.

Since we're trying to keep this sausage taste test project going, here are the current rankings (based on the ones we've posted about):

1. Turkey cranberry apple sausage
2. Sweet Italian style chicken sausage

No comments:

Post a Comment