Monday, October 6, 2014

Good Food Made Simple

I have this bad habit of starting posts and never finishing them. Last year, around this time, I wrote a good portion of a post about the Good Food Made Simple chicken apple sausage egg white burrito, but then never posted it. My guess is that I did come upon it sometime during the months between then and now, but at that point, I couldn't remember enough about it to finish it. Luckily for this post's survival, I bought the same burrito recently and had it for lunch today, so now I can complete this and get it out of our enormous archive of draft posts.

Package design has changed over the past year, but it's the same thing

I had never tried the Good Food Made Simple brand before, but I like the idea behind the products and it showed up on Ibotta (an app that you can use to get savings on grocery products and more, like an electronic rebate - if you want to sign up, you can use my referral link here) last year so I decided to try it. The great thing about the app is that it's gotten me to try a lot of products I've never had before and broadened my grocery horizons. The burritos were on sale the last time we went to Target so I picked one up, remembering I had tried the brand but not which variety. Turned out it was the same one.

Mostly tortilla and egg and cheese

A bit of a breakfast burrito (that I ate for lunch both times), the burrito contained egg whites, chicken apple sausage, cheddar cheese sauce, Monterey jack cheese, roasted potatoes and some vegetables. The predominant flavors were the tortilla and the cheese. There were hints of flavors from the sausage, potatoes, eggs, and vegetables, but I don't think there was that much of each ingredient in there to give it more than just a hint of their flavors. The tortilla was soft and chewy, and luckily not gummy like some frozen burritos you can get it. I think overall I liked the tortilla and the burrito more the first time I had this, but it was still a good lunch.

A closer look

The burrito tasted really light and healthy, and it's not a gut bomb like some "real" burritos can be. I would buy this again if it were on sale, but I think I'd like to try another flavor to see if I like it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment