Wednesday, October 22, 2014

365 Onion Rings

We finally made it to the Whole Foods in Gowanus this weekend and we wish we had one of these in our neighborhood. The store is huge (over 56,000 square feet), has a gigantic parking lot with solar and wind energy, and made us feel like we were anywhere but a borough of New York City. It felt more like LA than NYC. We spent a long time wandering around the spacious store, looking at all the local products and trying to figure out which ones we didn't have at our closer stores.


I've been feeling snacky a lot these days and everything we had in the apartment was sweet (mostly chocolate), which just isn't what I was craving. So when I saw these onion rings, I had to have them. They're pretty similar to the Trader Joe's Baked Snack-O's, although I think the texture of these was a little bit better and the flavor had a little more onion intensity. I don't recall if the bag sizes are the same, but the Whole Foods version is less than 50 cents more than the Trader Joe's one, so not very different.


Just like the Baked Snack-O's, we finished the entire bag over the course of one day, so we probably shouldn't keep these in the house. It's dangerous. I'm not sure if they even have these at the store I usually go to, but to be honest, I don't spend much time looking at the snacks there. It's probably better if they don't so that I don't get tempted. They're good though, if you're looking for an onion ring snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment