Friday, October 17, 2014

Lemon Vanilla

Continuing my taste test of Luna protein bars, today's bar was lemon vanilla flavor. I had low expectations for this bar as I vaguely remember trying a regular Luna bar in a lemon flavor (that was before the other reviews) and not liking it that much. I was pleasantly surprised by this one.


Similar to the cookie dough protein bar, the bar was largely a single texture. Soft and dense like fudge. However, it seemed to work better here, and the flavors of the lemon and vanilla were much more pleasing together. The lemon itself wasn't overpowering or too artificial, which was what I was worried about before trying it. I would make excuses for the flavor of the cookie dough bar, since I noticed yesterday that the 'best by' date on that bar passed before I had even gotten it at yoga, but I think the chocolate was actually supposed to taste like that, since I've had chocolate like that before.


Between the two, I'm definitely choosing the lemon vanilla, which is not what I would have guessed prior to trying them since I love chocolate with cookie dough. There are a few more protein bars in the box, so I guess I can start a protein bar ranking:

1. Lemon vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment