Thursday, October 16, 2014

Cookie Dough Protein Bar

A while back, I tried a whole bunch of Luna bars to figure out which ones I liked. Since then, I've mostly just stuck to my favorite flavor - chocolate dipped coconut - but every so often I'll branch out and try something new (usually if it's on sale). This summer, after solstice yoga, Luna was there giving out lots of bars as free samples so I picked up some protein bars which I had never tried before.


The one I tried today was the chocolate chip cookie dough bar. It was okay. One of the main differences from the regular Luna bars is that the bar was pretty much a single texture. It didn't have the textural differences from the coconut or nuts or granola that the other bars have. It actually reminded me of Viactiv calcium chews mostly, both in texture (kind of like a thick fudge) and taste (chocolate but not quite like real chocolate).


I have a bunch of other protein bars from the yoga event so if there are other flavors, then maybe I'll report back on those. I didn't particularly love these, so I probably won't buy them. The chocolate coconut bars are just much better for my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment