Thursday, October 30, 2014

Berries Gomega

When I was at Whole Foods last week, I saw that they were having a sale on Odwalla smoothies. $2.50 for a bottle isn't incredibly cheap but considering how expensive juicing is as a hobby (as much as we enjoy making fresh juice at home), it's fairly reasonable. I did a double-take at the high sugar content, but since I needed to rehydrate and regain energy after a fast, the sugar content was bearable (that time).


This smoothie combines juice and puree of 8 different fruits, and according to the bottle, it has the equivalent of juice from 1-1/2 apples, 3/4 orange (those were the 2 juices), 1/3 cup cherrries, 1/4 peach, 1/5 pear, 1/7 mango, 4 blackberries and 1 strawberry (and those were the 6 purees), along with 1500 mg of omega-3. I'm not sure how they measured that, but I'll take their word for it.

It was really, really sweet, but I love sweet smoothies. You could definitely taste that it was all fruit. I liked this, especially for $2.50. If we tried to get that much fruit and combine it into our juicer, it would be really tough getting this much to drink for that amount!

No comments:

Post a Comment