Tuesday, October 21, 2014

PB PB

Back to the Luna protein bar reviews ...

The next flavor of Luna protein bars that I found in the box was the chocolate peanut butter. (The best by date on this one was only a week ago, so I consider it to be pretty fresh. I probably should have taken note of these dates when I got the bars, but too late now.) A had tried one of these the other day and wasn't thrilled with it, so between his assessment and my previous dislike of the chocolate chip cookie dough, I had even lower expectations than I did for the lemon vanilla.


I've never really eaten protein bars before, usually sticking to regular nutrition or cereal or granola bars, but A has. When we were in the car the other day, we started discussing them and he mentioned that they often don't taste very good because protein bar makers don't add much, if any, sugar or other additives to the bars to make them taste better. That makes sense and seemed to apply to this bar. Although the not quite pleasing chocolate flavor was similar to the one from the chocolate chip cookie dough, it wasn't as strong, so maybe that's something that intensifies over time (not a good thing). The peanut butter kind of tasted like peanut butter in parts, but for the most part was some sort of non-descript vaguely nutty flavor.


I didn't like this one that much, but it was generally kind of bland, which I prefer to actively disliking the flavor. That puts the rankings at:

2. Chocolate peanut butter

No comments:

Post a Comment