Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Spicy Chickpea and Lemon

The weather today was gloomy and cold. I also feel like I'm starting to come down with something so guess where I went to lunch today. If you didn't guess Hale and Hearty then you probably don't read much of what I write. The soup I chose today was something that sounded like it was a great remedy for my cold, spicy chickpea and lemon. It is described as "We pair lemon and tomatoes in this spicy vegetable soup, combined with tender chickpeas and orzo for a perfect match."


The base of this soup is a vegetable broth full of celery, onion, kale, scallions, and tomatoes. The chickpeas and orzo add thickness and starch to the soup to make it hearty, and the lemon definitely adds a good citrus note and freshness to the soup. The "spicy" aspect was subtle, but you could certainly feel the heat as you drank more and more.

This soup was everything I was looking for. Overall it was a very warming and comforting soup, perfect for how the weather was outside and how I felt inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment