Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Done Through 39

When I started the 52 week challenge at the beginning of the year, I hoped I could stick with it for the entire year. I like the feeling of completion that you get at the end of a project, and I thought I could learn a lot from an experiment like this. Somewhere along the way, I ended up really far behind and thought I would never catch up. I started doubling and tripling the challenges during some weeks and by Week 40, I was finally up to date. I went completely out of order in completing the challenges for this quarter and also out of order in getting these posts up, but it feels really good to have gotten through the end of the third quarter and to have made it this far!

Here's the third quarter of challenges:

Week 27 - tenderizing (spring chicken roll-ups with lemon dijon pan sauce)
Week 28 - 'Murica (Hoppin' John and Southern greens)
Week 29 - from your pantry (chicken with sauteed corn and tomatoes)
Week 30 - clean eating (cod with roasted vegetables)
Week 31 - breading/dredging (breaded zucchini chips with garlic aioli)
Week 32 - your favorites (slow cooker split pea soup)
Week 33 - melons (watermelon and feta salad)
Week 34 - opposite side of the world (Vietnamese shrimp summer rolls)
Week 35 - pickling (pickled red onions for chicken tacos)
Week 36 - hot and cold (trio of sloppy joe sliders)
Week 37 - apples (savory apple saute)
Week 38 - Central Asia (plov)
Week 39 - stew (African-style peanut stew)

(If you missed them, here are the posts for the first quarter and the second quarter of challenges.)

Out of this set, our favorites, which we both chose independently, were probably (in no particular order) 'Murica, clean eating, and opposite side of the world. We would definitely make all of these again.

One more quarter left to finish the challenge for the year. I am determined to try to stay on track, and to stay up to date even during the crazy holiday season, and to do the best that I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment