Sunday, November 18, 2012

Hearty Turkey

Friday was one of my only chances to try the zuppa di fagioli soup at Hale and Hearty, and I decided to  continue the Thanksgiving Sandwich Project by pairing the soup in a combo with the turkey sandwich H&H has been offering.  I don't think H&H is offering this sandwich specifically for the holidays, since it's been on the menu for a few weeks now, but it's just a good match for the fall season.


The sandwich consisted of turkey breast, cranberry relish, aioli and red leaf lettuce on ciabatta bread.  I am not normally a fan of ciabatta since it can often be very hard on the outside but I like the Hale and Hearty ciabatta (although I do like it more on the other sandwiches where it is soaked in oil) because it's not as hard or chewy.


This isn't my favorite sandwich in the Thanksgiving Sandwich Project, but it wasn't too bad.  The turkey didn't have a ton of flavor, but I liked the crunch of the lettuce and the cranberry relish and aioli combined to give the sandwich some "holiday" flavor.  This seems most similar to the Panera offering (even though that was a panini) since both of them are just turkey sandwiches with no stuffing.  The H&H version had much more flavor than Panera (and more food), and between the 2 I would definitely pick this one. I do think it would be even better if it had stuffing though!

No comments:

Post a Comment