Sunday, November 18, 2012

Milk Bar Thanksgiving Croissant

M is always on a quest for Thanksgiving themed sandwiches during this season. I sort of joined in this year having tried two so far this year. When we heard about Momofuku Milk Bar's Thanksgiving Croissant offering, we knew where we would be making a stop. Granted, any excuse for me to get a bottle of cereal milk is fine with me.

Thanksgiving Croissant

The croissant is filled with turkey, stuffing, gravy, and cranberry sauce. I would imagine that it is meant to be eaten warm, but we had no oven handy with which to warm it up. Regardless, we both agree that this is the current leader in our sandwich hunt.

Croissant

The croissant is laced with herbs, and I distinctly tasted sage mixed in and it is amazingly tasty. The thing that surprised us a bit was that it wasn't very flaky. I prefer flaky croissants but this was just fine.

Croissant Cross Section

The filling was extremely tasty even when cold. The turkey wasn't dry at all, the stuffing was loaded with flavor, and the cranberry sauce added just the right touch of sweetness without being overpowering. I didn't get much gravy flavoring, but M said she really tasted it, especially in the turkey. Maybe I didn't get much in my half, but I still didn't find myself missing it too much.

Overall this was a fantastic offering, and even though it was cold it was still very tasty. We can only imagine what it must taste like when warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment