Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pretz-idential Caramel

Shack Shack ran out of Pretz-idential Caramel custard on Election Day, so our first chance to try it was tonight.  We hoped that there would actually be some pretzel flavor and that it wouldn't just taste like caramel.


M's thoughts:
The pretzel flavor of this custard definitely overpowered the caramel for me, not that I minded that.  I only tasted a light hint of caramel but the pretzel flavor was intense and I kept expecting to come across a crunchy salty piece of pretzel in every spoonful.  It reminds me of deconstructed cuisine - a pretzel in custard form that tastes exactly like a pretzel but doesn't crunch.  Good custard and I'm glad we tried it.

A's thoughts:
As M noted, the custard is heavily flavored with caramel. The amazing thing is the actual taste of pretzel that is somehow mixed in. I didn't actually feel pretzel bits, but it certainly tasted like pretzel powder and salt were mixed in. Regardless of how they did it, the effect was amazing. This custard was a very pleasant surprise. I'm glad we were able to try this, and hopefully we can try it again later this month and possibly when it comes up again in 4 years.

Pretz-idential Caramel
A's rating: 8/10
M's rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment