Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Zuppa di Fagioli

This week's Hale & Hearty Chef Special Soup had a lot to live up to. Last week's offering was phenomenal to the point that I got it 3 times (but only because I got lucky and had it the previous week once). On top of that, M and I loved both of Chef Michael White's restaurants that we have eaten in.

Fagioli means beans in Italian, and this soup was chock full of red and white beans. Also included were pieces of crushed tomato (I think), carrot, celery, potato, and other herbs and spices. I'm sure I missed some of the ingredients, but that's what jumped out at me. My guess is that there were also bay leaves thrown in for flavoring, but thankfully I didn't get any in my actual serving of soup.


Zuppa di Fagioli


Chef White's Zuppa di Fagioli felt like it was a perfectly put together home-cooked soup. It was rustic, down-to-earth, and unbelievably comforting. If I knew how, I would try and cook up a giant vat of this at home just so I could drink it throughout the winter. Thick but not porridge-y, definite hints of tomato, and an overall feeling of relaxation hit me as I went through.

There were parts that did seem a touch salty, but overall this was another fantastic offering. I honestly didn't expect anything less from Chef White, and I was happily not disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment