Monday, November 12, 2012

Toffee Pear

We weren't really sure what to expect from the Monday custard this month - toffee pear.


M's thoughts:
Toffee pear's no chocolate hazelnut, that's for sure.  Neither of us knew what this would taste like and even after trying it, it was difficult for me to pinpoint the flavor.  There was a slight hint of pear in parts but not much, a very light hint of caramel in other parts but not much, and a lot of "I'm really not sure what this flavor is but it's not awful but not really anything I particularly like."  It was fine but I don't need to get it again.

A's thoughts:
It's hard to be the flavor to follow chocolate hazelnut for us. Toffee pear wasn't a bad flavor, though. My initial taste was really heavy on the toffee. The only sense of pear that I got was the grit from what felt like actual pear blended into the custard. From time to time I certainly got a hint of pear flavor, and I'm happy that it was actual pear that did the flavoring (I think). The toffee was overpowering for the custard overall, but it was still a good custard.

Toffee Pear
A's rating: 6.5/10
M's rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment