Friday, January 4, 2013

Big Belly Burrito

Today at lunch I ventured over to the "food truck row" on 47th Street to see which trucks were still around (it was 2 pm).  A few had closed up, but on the east side of Park, I found the Kimchi Taco truck (previous posts on their tacos here and here) still serving up food. They had a few new specials for 2013 - a fish taco, a fried chicken taco, and a burrito - and I decided to go for the burrito, which I think they also serve at their storefront in Brooklyn.

Burrito is kind of enormous for lunch

On my way back from the truck, I noticed that the burrito ($9) was fairly heavy. Perhaps I should have been clued in by the name - "Big Belly Burrito" - but I'm still recovering from being sick and was a little spaced out this afternoon.

Burritos aren't very attractive, but it tastes better than it looks

The burrito came with your choice of rice (I got multigrain), your choice of beans (I got refried), your choice of protein (I went for the spicy chicken), pico de gallo, and crema.  I watched them assembling it in the truck and it looked like some other stuff went on it too, but I don't know exactly what.


Overall, I liked it.  I didn't find it spicy but it was flavorful, and the vegetables in the pico de gallo made it feel light and somewhat healthy even though it was a densely packed tortilla.  I really liked having the option of multigrain rice.  I would get this again if I were really hungry and looking for a filling lunch (as it's a relatively large portion).  I'm such a taco addict that I almost always get tacos, but I was glad I switched it up today and got a burrito.  It was a tasty lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment