Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wrapido

Every so often I find myself outside Midtown at lunch, and I try to take advantage of it by trying someplace new. Yesterday that was Wrapido on 23rd Street.

Wrapido from the outside - free falafel!

Wrapido has various vegetarian and meat options, which you can get in a pita (cheapest), a wrap or a salad. I went with the falafel (of which they have generous samples outside the restaurant) and decided to get it in a wrap. Everything was made fresh - the wrap was heated up on the griddle, the falafel came out of the fryer, and then I got to pick my own salads and toppings.

Not a great set of photos, but trying to show all the different salads

Wraps come with one dressing (I got tahini) and six choices from the extensive salad bar.  The salads ranged from regular vegetables like cucumbers and tomatoes, to seasoned salads like guacamole and chickpea salad. I decided to go with guacamole, seasoned carrots, chickpea salad, red onions, cilantro, and salsa (like pico de gallo).  That was one delicious sandwich.  The whole wheat wrapper was soft and chewy, the falafel was crisp and full of flavor, and the salads were fresh and healthy. I don't think I've ever put guacamole in a falafel sandwich, but it's good!

I think if we lived near Wrapido we would probably be regulars - healthy, cheap and lots of variety. Delicious meatless meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment