Monday, January 21, 2013

A Bit of Wichcraft

The other day at work, we had a catered lunch with sandwiches and salads from 'wichcraft.  I've only been to 'wichcraft a couple of times since they are on the pricey side, so I was looking forward to the opportunity to try something new.


The sandwiches weren't labeled, so I'm not 100% sure which ones I had. I think the one above was the roasted turkey with avocado, onion relish and aioli (the online menu also says there should be bacon but I don't remember bacon in this sandwich). I'm not really sure about the one below. When I ate it, I thought it was pulled pork with a cabbage and carrot slaw and seasoned mayo, but nothing on the current menu seems to match that.  The sandwiches were just okay, and the thing I remember most about both of them is that there was an overwhelming amount of mayo.  Too much creaminess that seemed to mess up the balance of the other ingredients in the sandwich.  They were also a little salty.


We had three types of salads.  My favorite was the red potato salad, which had crunchy vegetables (celery, scallions) and a mustard vinaigrette.  There was also a salad of mixed greens with parmesan cheese and a lemon vinaigrette, kind of like a caesar salad without the anchovies, which was simple but good.  Finally, there was a chickpea salad. I usually love chickpea salads but I didn't love this one. Apparently I had this last time I went to 'wichcraft but completely forgot. There was a flavor in this chickpea salad that I couldn't decipher but didn't really like.  I don't remember feeling this way the last time, so maybe it was something in this batch that was different.

Overall, the meal was just alright. I was expecting more since their ingredients are pretty high in quality and people seem to rave about their expensive sandwiches. Maybe it was just the selection we got in the catering, but I was underwhelmed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment