Friday, January 18, 2013

IGK - Spicy Curry Udon

It's been a very long time since I reviewed something new from IGK. That's more a product of me not trying anything new to be quite honest. This is pretty much a weekly stop for me on my lunch runs. I love this place, and I'm glad I have something new to talk about from their offerings.

Granted, this offering is from their weekly special menu so I'm not sure how often it will be available, but I will seriously have to consider it every time I see it.



I wasn't sure what to expect with the Spicy Curry Udon. For some reason I was picturing some sort of curry-based soup with udon and chicken added. I honestly have no clue why I thought that considering the sign clearly states curry on top of udon noodles and not noodles in curry. Regardless, I was very pleased with what I got.



The curry came loaded with carrots, onions, and potatoes and was heated with the chicken before being layered on top of the udon noodles. They finished the dish with a drizzle of teriyaki sauce, scallions, sesame seeds, and pickled radish. The curry was a very fragrant and flavorful Japanese curry. It wasn't too spicy, but I could definitely get some latent heat prevailing through the dish. I've had many Japanese curries in the past, and this one was a very good offering. I've never had it on top of noodles before, though, so this was an interesting new experience. It was, sadly, also a bit of a messy one. My poor shirt has some new curry spots that will need to be addressed later. Overall, I really enjoyed this dish, and I'm looking forward to getting it again when I get a chance. I'll just need to remember to wear a bib next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment