Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Curried Chicken Chowder

M reviewed the Curried Chicken Chowder before, and she raved about it the last time we both went out to Hale and Hearty together. In fact, she's continuously raved about it since then so when I saw it on the menu today, I knew what lunch I was going to get. Now, it certainly helped that the weather outside is a bit on the colder side today. Hale and Hearty describes the soup as "[...] a creamy, Indian style chowder, loaded with diced potatoes, white meat chicken and just the right amount of spices."

Curried Chicken Chowder

Wow, M wasn't lying when she said this was good. The soup is definitely creamy and has to have cream/butter to achieve this, but it doesn't feel heavy at all. Along with the aforementioned potatoes and shredded chicken, the soup contains the standard mirepoix veggies diced up. Everything else is a secret spice/curry blend, and I want to find out what it is. Will they ever tell me? I highly doubt it. The soup itself has a hint of sweetness balanced in with the savory curry flavor. It's a very warm and comforting soup, and on a day when the high temperature was well below freezing, this soup really hits the spot and warms you from the inside out.

While this soup doesn't beat out my current favorite, I think this might have taken over spot #2 on my own personal list. Speaking of which, I should probably make my own list somewhere to document this...

No comments:

Post a Comment