Friday, April 6, 2012

Bobby Van's Grill

Earlier this week I went for a work lunch to Bobby Van's Grill, one of the many Bobby Van's outposts around the city. Bobby Van's is a steakhouse, but, since I don't eat steak, I usually go for fish when visiting steakhouses. I was prepared to get a salad or a basic salmon dish when I saw on the lunch specials a fried flounder sandwich. I decided to go for that instead and substituted a salad for the fries.

Is it just me or are the onions arranged to look like a face with giant googly eyes?

The flounder sandwich was OK. It was much better in every way than the Filet-o-Fish from McDonalds that I got later that night (and no, I didn't realize I had a fried fish sandwich for both meals until later that night), but it wasn't amazing. The fish was nicely seasoned, it wasn't dry, it was well put together, but it just didn't blow me away. I think I would probably choose the one from Kim's Aunt Kitchen over this one, and that's about a third of the price. The salad was nice and refreshing in a vinaigrette dressing and I was very happy with my choice to substitute and avoid useless fries.

Any recommendations for Bobby Van's at lunch in case I should find myself there again?

This Bobby Van's location is on West 45th Street between 6th Ave and Times Square.

No comments:

Post a Comment