Thursday, April 12, 2012

Shawafel

When I go to Karam II for lunch, I usually pick up the 3 item small vegetable combo, which comes with a side of pita, for a tasty and healthy meal. When I order at work for dinner, I often get the chicken taouk (grilled chicken cubes in a pita sandwich) or sometimes the vegetable salad combo and maybe samboussek on the side. We discovered last night that Karam actually delivers all the way to our apartment and in honor of trying that out for the first time, I got something different - the shawafel sandwich.

The shawafel sandwich... I can't stop saying shawafel

The shawafel sandwich contains falafel and shawarma (choice of chicken or meat - I went with chicken). It was a really tasty sandwich. The soft falafel mixed well with the small pieces of shawarma and the grilled pita. It wasn't the best falafel I've had (I wish Taim still came to midtown...) but it was good. The chicken shawarma was nicely flavored. Also, unlike some other pita sandwiches, this one had all the ingredients evenly spaced throughout, which meant every bite was full of shawafel-ly goodness. I would order this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment