Friday, April 27, 2012

Crepes Truck

I'm not an expert on crepes but I thought the crepe I had from the Crepes Truck yesterday for lunch was fantastic.


I was wandering around midtown looking for something to eat for lunch and I stumbled upon the Crepes Truck.  I had seen them on and off in midtown before but had never tried it.  I didn't even realize it was them at first because the truck was pink and orange and not the colors of the French flag.  (I learned from facebook later that this was a recent development.)  The chalkboard menu caught my attention and I stopped to see what they had to offer.


I decided to go with the Iberian crepe, the first one on the list.  After I read the description of the buckwheat crepe with chorizo, parmesan, spinach, ricotta and shallots, I couldn't get chorizo out of my head, and the choice was clear.


On a plate, the crepe would have looked substantially larger than it did folded up into a triangle shape in the container.  I peeked inside from one of the ends and saw a generous amount of each ingredient pretty evenly spaced throughout the crepe.


The combination of flavors was perfect. You could taste each of the ingredients and they blended so well together.  I also liked that the crepe wasn't that oily or greasy, just soft, chewy and delicious!



I would definitely return to the Crepes Truck.  The crepe was tasty and like a French comfort food, and was very affordable ($7 for that huge thing!).  It shouldn't be surprising that I like savory crepes considering how much I loved the pannenkoeken we got in Amsterdam, which is probably the most similar thing to this crepe.  Next time, maybe I'll get a dessert crepe.  Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment