Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Chicken McBites

I was looking for a quick dinner to pick up tonight while we cleaned our new apartment and it ended up being McDonalds. We've been to Chipotle a lot lately, Peter's seemed heavy, Maoz was too difficult to do on my own with the toppings, A had pizza for lunch, Shake Shack had too long of a line, etc. I decided to get the buy one get one Filet-o-Fish again as well as the new limited time Chicken McBites to see how they compared to our usual choice for popcorn chicken from Perdue.


I got the shareable size, which is the largest of the McBites sizes. Add a few pieces to the picture above and that's how full the container was (since I ate a few on the way home). We got two sauces - tangy BBQ and honey mustard.

Verdict on the McBites? They were just OK. I still prefer our Perdue popcorn chicken pieces. They're bigger than the McBites but that also means they taste more like chicken (and are actually made of chicken) instead of just fried... stuff. The last bag of Perdue popcorn chicken we got was also more seasoned than all the rest, and more seasoned than these McBites. The other problem with the McBites being small bites of fried stuff is that they were hard to dip because they were so tiny.

I like popcorn chicken (and shrimp), but I don't think I would get the McBites again. Considering the Filet-o-Fish still isn't living up to my memory of it, and the McBites are not all that great, it seems like the only thing at McDonalds that I currently like (and that doesn't make me feel polluted inside afterwards, like I do right now) is the sausage biscuit. The rest just feels kind of boring and uninspired. I don't understand how tourists travel to NYC from all over the country and eat at McDonalds. (I get the international tourists who want to see how it compares since we do similar things abroad.) The menu is the same, the food is the same, and there are just so many options that would be quick and better for a vacation here. I think I'm done going to McDonalds for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment