Tuesday, April 24, 2012

IGK Banh Mi

I went back to IGK to test out their Banh Mi sandwiches since I've tried basically every other Asian dish they serve there. While this wasn't a bad sandwich, it was a little pricey considering its size and extremely pricey when compared to the price vs size for their noodles.


Honey Glazed Pork Banh Mi

The sandwich itself was okay. It's not as packed as the offering from Chicken House, but they add in the traditional pickled radish and carrot slaw, cucumber, and sliced hot chili peppers. You can also add Sriracha sauce if you want additional heat (I did). The bread was a bit odd for a banh mi. It was a baguette like all others, but because it was pre-made they didn't warm/toast the baguette prior to putting the ingredients in. Instead they took the fully loaded sandwich and put it in a panini press. It certainly crisped the outside nicely while keeping a good chewiness, but the bread was compressed a bit too much. I like a little more breadiness for my banh mi. In the end it was a nice offering, but I think if I want to get a banh mi in the future I'll stick with Chicken House. For my Asian noodle needs I will continue patronizing IGK until they tell me I can't come in anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment