Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Kim's Aunt Kitchen

Stop #2 on the block by block challenge for 46th Street between 5th and 6th Ave.

Monday was a gorgeous day. Temps in the 60s and sunny. Possibly the last nice day of the year. And I was running around like crazy for work and couldn't take a long walk to enjoy it. So I went to the second stop on the block for the challenge: Kim's Aunt Kitchen.


Like Moshe's, this is another cart I have always intended to try but just never have, and have probably passed a hundred times. They're known for their cheap (but good) fish sandwiches, but they also have platters and other dishes like bulgogi.


I figured that I should get a fish sandwich for my first visit to see if it lived up to the reviews. The choices for the fish sandwich were whiting or flounder. I am a flounder fan, so the choice was easy, even though it was $1 more. I got it on wheat bread with lettuce, tomato and tartar sauce.


What a filling and tasty fish sandwich! For only $5, they give you two big flaky pieces of fried fish on the sandwich. Pretty good, both for taste and the deal you get. Another solid choice right by the office!

No comments:

Post a Comment