Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Curry Dream

Our work meetings over lunch generally consist of catered food which is: (a) boring but OK sandwiches, (b) boring and mediocre sandwiches or (c) non-sandwich food which is good.  I think it's been rare to have a non-sandwich catered meal that sucked.  The sandwiches, on the other hand, can range from fine to crappy.
 
I definitely didn't mind today's lunch.  It came from Curry Dream (great name, btw) and in addition to the basmati rice and naan, there was chicken tikka masala, chana masala and lamb curry (I didn't get the lamb).  There were also vegetarian samosas.  Yum.
 
I liked it.  It was a little on the oily side for Indian food but the rice took care of that.  The flavor of the chana masala was much better than the chicken tikka masala, so when I got my snack for later, I just grabbed more chana masala (and another samosa).  I've had better chana masala (and it's one of my favorites so I try it everywhere to compare and even used to eat it in the dining hall in undergrad), but I was glad that was the vegetarian option.
 
I've gotten relatively boring lunches all week due to time and meetings, so it was nice to have a catered "adventure"!

No comments:

Post a Comment