Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dessert Truck

Over Halloween weekend, my sister-in-law came for a visit while my brother headed to Sarasota for the Ultimate Club Championship tournament. We took her on a short tour of some of our favorite eateries, and one night we chanced upon the Dessert Truck. For those of you who don't know what the Dessert Truck is and are too lazy to look at their website, it's a truck in New York City that (gasp!) sells desserts. They tend to hang out in the St. Marks area, and they also have an actual brick-and-mortar store down in the Lower East Side.

My SIL opted not to buy anything, but M and I decided to get two items. Their signature dessert is their chocolate bread pudding so we had to get one, and we also got an order of their Nutella filled donuts.


Chocolate Bread Pudding

I'm a huge fan of bread pudding, and this bread pudding was as good as advertised. It was a lot more like a molten chocolate cake than a pure bread pudding, but I wasn't really complaining. As the picture shows, it came with a vanilla sauce on top as well as a dollop of whipped cream. It was a very gooey, chocolate-y, and tasty spoonful in every bite.

Nutella Filled Donuts

I'm also a huge fan of donuts so this trip really worked out well for me. They don't look like much, but each of these donuts is jam-packed with Nutella. If you're not careful, biting into one could unleash a torrent of Nutella into the bottom of your cup. Chocolate, hazelnut explosions + donuts = happy A


M bit from the wrong end and dumped Nutella into the cup

No comments:

Post a Comment