Friday, January 13, 2017

Banana Coconut Milk

M asked me to write this review as she doesn't want to think about this product ever again. I've held off on this for so long because, honestly, I don't really want to remember this either. Anyway, on our third day in London, we got off the train on our way to lunch and passed a guy handing out free samples on the street. Mylk was some sort of coconut milk that was flavored with cacao and banana. I didn't think there was going to be much good about this even though the flavors should have worked together.


After we both tried it, we had both had the same thought: this was terrible. I don't really remember what it was about it, but as I thought, nothing about this drink worked. I'm typically someone who can find something good in almost anything I try to eat or drink, but I found nothing here. After I finished drinking the first box we went to throw it away. On top of the trash can were several full or nearly full boxes left by people who obviously liked this about as much as we did.

Later in the day, back in the hotel, we were resting, and on a whim I thought to try the non-refrigerated box of Mylk we had remaining. I don't know why I thought this was a good idea. Maybe it's because I don't like wasting food. Oddly enough, it tasted better when it wasn't cold. M thought it tasted like a banana smoothie with a hint of coconut mixed in. She's not a fan of banana smoothies, but this one was tolerable when not cooled. I agree with that assessment, but it still wasn't that good. We would not ever buy this again, and we're glad we didn't pay for this to begin with. We saw this brand at Whole Foods back in the states, but thankfully it was not the banana flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment