Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Earl of Salad

I've been to the Earl of Sandwich a few times now, but one thing I never noticed until today was that everything is the same price - $5.99 - sandwiches, wraps, salads, vegetarian, non-vegetarian.  It was around 90 degrees again today and I wanted something light like a salad.  I decided to give the Earl's salads a try.


A number of the salads sounded good, but I opted for the Mediterranean Chicken Salad.  The salad had grilled chicken, romaine lettuce, field greens, feta cheese, roma tomatoes, cucumbers, roasted red peppers, kalamata olives, red onions and Mediterranean dressing.


As you can see from the photo above, the salad was a decently large size, which was great for the price.  It's not easy to get a salad with chicken, cheese and plenty of vegetables for $6 in midtown Manhattan.  The salads at Earl of Sandwich are pretty tasty and freshly made, and they're a bargain at that price.


The salad was very similar to a Greek salad except for one thing - the dressing.  When I saw Mediterranean dressing, I was expecting something oil/vinegar based, or maybe balsamic vinaigrette.  Not the case here.  The dressing was creamy like ranch dressing.  It worked well with the ingredients in the salad but just wasn't what I was expecting.

Was it the best salad I've ever had in my life? No. Will I get another salad from Earl of Sandwich?  Absolutely.  Good ingredients, nice size, great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment