Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Caramelized Peach

The first custard flavor we tried for July was caramelized peach, the Monday flavor.

It was more frozen when M got it, but it melted due to the heat and a long conversation in the building lobby about the Euro final.

M's thoughts:
I love peach sorbet but I wasn't expecting intense fruity peach flavor like that from this custard (although I was prepared to be pleasantly surprised if it was).  I was hoping that this would have more peach flavor than it did though.  I did taste some peach but it seemed to have a little bit of a creamsicle like flavor to it, and I don't like those as much (as previously mentioned here and here).  This wasn't bad, just not as peachy as (and more creamy than) I would have liked.

A's thoughts:
This wasn't very peachy or caramelized peachy. It was a little fruity, and it might have been peach, but I really wasn't sure. I expected so much more since putting in pieces of actual caramelized peach didn't seem like a stretch. It was just okay, but I don't think I would get this again.

Caramelized Peach
A's rating: 6/10
M's rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment