Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pudding

My first experience with full-on, coffee shop coffee in Spain was at a quaint little cafe called Pudding. M was nice and used her data plan to keep looking for places for me to get some good coffee, and this one just happened to be right by our hotel. As was my custom throughout this trip, I ordered a cafe con leche. It was nice to have it come in a nice mug, and it was my first "real" coffee in my life.


Cafe Con Leche


The coffee was really hot, and I wasn't really ready for that. I was still used to the American mega-breweries like I mentioned here, and so I hadn't gotten to the point of sitting back and enjoying my coffee. After my initial mouth-burning experience, I decided to slow down and enjoy my coffee slowly. Much like the cappuccino I had the day before, the coffee was very rich and smooth. The steamed milk was perfectly foamed on top, and the coffee had a nice flavor to it.

M didn't mind that I was slowly drinking my coffee because she was enamored by the decor of the place. I do have to admit, it was a very whimsical place. It's a toadstool laden fantasy wonderland.


We spent a lot of time hiding amongst the giant toadstool lamps and murals. We probably looked really silly, but we had fun. It was a nice start to our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment