Thursday, July 5, 2012

Chipotle Chicken Avocado

My mind was melting and lacking lunch inspiration today in the 95 degree sun.  I wandered in circles trying to decide on something to eat and found myself right back at Earl of Sandwich for the second time this week.  I decided to try the new limited time special sandwich - the chipotle chicken avocado.

The official sandwich photo from Earl of Sandwich - Source

The chipotle chicken avocado sandwich had grilled chicken strips, a zesty chipotle sauce, avocado, cheddar cheese and leaf lettuce.  It also comes with bacon but I requested mine without bacon (and didn't miss it).


I really liked this sandwich. The best parts for me were the zesty sauce, the soft avocado, and the melted cheddar cheese on the soft toasted bread.  The least successful part in my opinion was actually the chicken. The strips had a texture of formed chicken, but when combined with everything else, it was relatively easy to get past that. 

My sandwich didn't look exactly like the photo in the promotional ad but it wasn't too far off.  I'm not sure how long this will be at Earl of Sandwich but it's worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment