Monday, June 25, 2012

Atrium Palace Cappuccino

I am afflicted with migraines from time to time. Some of them, I have found, are caused by my apparent addiction to caffeine. Because of this, M was very nice and helped me find places to drink coffee every day. Our first full day in Barcelona was really centered around getting a feel for the city as we really weren't acclimated with anything yet. Luckily, our hotel had a Foursquare special for first time check-ins that offered a free drink from the cafe. M was nice enough to use her check-in to get me a coffee.

I opted for a cappuccino to ease myself into European coffee. Sure I had coffee every morning in Greece, but those were all hotel coffees and not actual cafe coffees. This was still a hotel coffee, but it was at least an actual restaurant/cafe coffee.

Cappuccino

I've never actually had a coffee shop cappuccino before so I wanted to see what this was going to be like. My initial taste of just the foam was nice since the top was dusted with cocoa powder. For some reason I thought it was coffee grounds (which actually would be disgusting) so the sweet cocoa powder was a welcome surprise. The cappuccino itself was nice and smooth. It was also really hot. I'm used to mass produced coffee places like Starbucks that come out decently hot but are often just warm. This hot coffee was a nice change. What it also helped me do was learn how to sit back and enjoy my coffee as opposed to just sucking it down as quickly as possible to get my caffeine fix. Maybe I just need to try better coffee shops here in NYC, but I digress...

This cappuccino ended up being really smooth with the right balance of bitterness and creaminess from the steamed milk. It was a nice start into my European coffee adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment