Monday, June 18, 2012

Jamin

One thing we are always on the lookout for in Europe is Haribo candy, our favorite candy brand.  Once we find Haribo, we start looking for smurfs.  I've mentioned these in the year-end recaps (since I never got to them in the trip recaps), but we absolutely love these berry-flavored smurfs.  So much so that we bought the giant tub of them the last time we were in Germany (on a layover).

We went wandering around Haarlem after lunch (mostly because I was looking for the post office), and then stumbled upon Jamin, a popular candy store in the Netherlands which had a lot of packaged candy as well as tubs of loose candy (and ice cream).


I thought it was a long shot, but we checked for Haribo Smurfs anyway.  And they had them in one of the loose candy bins!


I was trying to be good so I only got us 200 grams of Smurfs.  They were gone in less than a day (so quickly that I didn't even take a photo of the Smurfs themselves!).  We didn't find Smurfs at any other point on the trip, which was sad.  It was so great to have a small taste of them again, but I wish we would have been able to bring some home!

No comments:

Post a Comment