Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sweet Chili Twister

After landing in Amsterdam, we took a walk through the airport, passing by the food court, where I decided to check in on Burger King like I did the last time we were there.  Once again, the menu at Burger King in the Netherlands was different from ours, and once again, it looked better.


First, they still have the twister fries.  What market testing was done in the US that none of the fast food chains (except for Arby's and the nearly gone Roy Rogers) make curly fries?  I can't be the only person that likes curly fries.  They're just part of the menu at BK there.

Second, this menu sign caught my attention.  If we had these, I might take a trip to Burger King to try them.  Sweet chili chicken, offered on grilled chicken, tendercrisp and "long chicken" sandwiches, as well as in wrap form?  I know it's just chicken topped with sweet chili sauce (and all the sandwiches have mayo, which also probably cuts the sauce flavor a bit), but why can't we have nice things like this?  Why is our menu so boring?

I didn't look closely at the rest of the menu after seeing this, but there were probably other things that were different from ours.  Why can't our fast food places have the special things the rest of the world does?

No comments:

Post a Comment