Friday, June 29, 2012

Blackberry Buttermilk

Our last new custard this month was the Wednesday custard - blackberry buttermilk.


M's thoughts:
First, I loved the color of this custard (it was more pink than in the photo but somehow my iPhone camera would not capture the exact shade of the custard).  Second, it was really smooth and sweet.  I liked that it wasn't a heavy taste of cream or milk, but that you could really taste the berry flavor.  Not my favorite custard (I think we all know what's in the running for that), but a good one.

A's thoughts:
This was an odd flavor for me. My first bite had a fairly heavy berry taste to it, and I thought I was really going to like it. As I ate more, though, that berry sweet and tart flavor was replaced by more of a creamy, almost chalk-y flavor. I don't know, maybe it was the buttermilk portion, but it really didn't taste that great to me. This certainly isn't a flavor I would be getting again.

Blackberry Buttermilk
A's rating: 5/10
M's rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment