Sunday, June 17, 2012

Strawberry Cheesecake

The Friday custard this month is strawberry cheesecake.


M's thoughts:
I'm not a big cheesecake fan but I figured that, since I liked the fromage blanc raspberry swirl, I might also like this one.  Similar to that one, my first spoonful was very heavy on the cheesecake flavor.  After the first spoonful, the cheesecake flavor seemed to mellow and I could taste a subtle strawberry flavor (which I didn't taste at all in the first spoonful).  It wasn't too bad, but I didn't love it.  Especially not with A's strawberry sorbet in the freezer which tastes strongly like sweet strawberries and is so good.

A's thoughts:
This was more cheesecake than strawberry, but that's not all too uncommon even with real cheesecake topped with strawberries. Overall it was okay. The cheesecake flavor was a little heavy, but it certainly tasted like cheesecake. Again, the strawberry was muted, but it was definitely evident. I would have preferred a stronger strawberry flavor, but in the end this was a pretty good flavor. It's most likely not one that we would go out of our way to get again, though.

Strawberry Cheesecake
A's rating: 7/10
M's rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment