Friday, June 29, 2012

Beach Bound

Beach Bound.  No, not me.  For lunch today, I got the "Beach Bound" - one of the summer seasonal salads at Just Salad.


The salad comes with butter lettuce (and a red cabbage mix, but I opted for no red cabbage), red onions, seedless cucumbers, corn, tomatoes, dill, and shrimp.  For my reusable bowl, I got two extra ingredients.  Chickpeas were an easy choice, but I had a tough time deciding on the second extra ingredient.  I ended up going with the black beans and corn (yes, even though the salad already had corn), which had some cilantro mixed in.

The salad was pretty good.  It was a tasty and healthy combination.  I thought I was going to like the butter lettuce more than I did though.  I think I'd rather go with romaine for the crunch because butter lettuce is softer and limper (and I don't like red cabbage for crunch).  I did like the plentiful dill, which made this salad combo different from many others.  I would get this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment