Saturday, May 31, 2014

Jimmy T

Almost every time I'm at Lenny's, I get the same sandwich. C1 on a whole wheat roll with no capers. I've tried other sandwiches here and there but always go back to that one. It's a lot of food and relatively good for you (other than the sodium content from all the cold cuts). But every so often, I splurge on something a little less healthy. Today, that was a return to one of the first sandwiches I ever got at Lenny's, the Jimmy T (aka the #5).


The Jimmy T is on their "all-time favorites" menu and consists of breaded chicken cutlet with melted mozzarella cheese, grilled onion, sweet peppers and honey mustard. It's served warm, which allows everything to meld together perfectly. Grilled onions and sweet peppers provide sweetness, tartness and crunch, while the cheese is melted in several layers between the pieces of (not dry) chicken. The honey mustard is just the right finisher for all of those ingredients, and everything works really well together. For a sandwich that has lots of stuff in it, it's also not messy, which is a huge plus.

Every time I get this, I wonder why I don't order it more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment