Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Cheesy Meat Lovers Pizza Pie

Pie Face has a new pie!

I went to the Pie Face at 38th and Broadway today with my mom, intending to get some combination of my usual sausage or spinach roll and some mini-pies for lunch. At least I was, until the guy working there told me I had to try something new. Although I do love their sausage and spinach rolls, I'm always up for trying something new, so it wasn't a hard sell. I headed over to the pie case wondering if there was still a pie there that I hadn't tried yet, and that's when I saw it - the cheesy meat lovers pizza pie.

I hadn't seen or heard of that one before and the guy confirmed it was new. According to Facebook, it debuted a few weeks ago. Not sure how I missed that news.


Anyway, the pie has Italian sausage, pepperoni, tomatoes, basil, oregano, and mozzarella cheese. Everything you would expect to see in your standard meat pizza. Except it was all baked inside of that delicious buttery crust like every other pie at Pie Face. I got it as a stack, so it was topped with mashed potatoes, peas, and lots of gravy. You might wonder whether pizza and mashed potatoes with gravy would actually go well together, and I can tell you that, yes, yes they do.


I really liked this pie. It's hard to go wrong with Italian sausage since it has so much flavor, and it was in a really good tomato sauce. I didn't taste the pepperoni that much, but that's okay with me, since I am a bigger fan of sausage than pepperoni in pizzas. Next time I might get the pie on its own without the stack and see how that tastes.

I love going to Pie Face. It's inexpensive and hearty Australian fare with plenty of flavor. I especially like going to this branch because they're always very friendly and engage everyone in conversation, so you know they're paying attention and care about how things are going. This pie was really good. I can't wait to get it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment