Thursday, May 29, 2014

Chicken Enchiladas

We picked up a bunch of new (to us) frozen items from Trader Joe's on our last visit, which means more reviews! For a recent lunch I decided to try out the chicken enchiladas ($1.99).


Each package comes with 2 enchiladas. You have to make both at once, unlike the tamales they sell, since you're supposed to microwave them in the bag itself. I didn't know that, so when it said to puncture the plastic wrap, I thought they meant plastic wrap over the dish in the bag (like a TV dinner from a box). I opened the bag only to find that there wasn't any other plastic wrap and they meant the bag I had already torn open. Oops.

The enchiladas have white meat chicken, red enchilada sauce, bell peppers, and cheese in addition to the tortillas. These tasted like fairly standard chicken enchiladas. I don't really have a lot to say about them. They were fine but not extraordinary.


Buy Again? Maybe. I liked them, but I didn't love them. For the price though, the enchiladas were a pretty cheap lunch, so if I'm in the mood for it, I might get them again. Easier than making them from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment