Monday, September 26, 2016

Curried White Chicken Deli Salad

I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to get this review up, but I'm pretty sure I saw this salad on the shelf during a recent TJ's visit, so it's still kind of relevant.


Product name: Curried white chicken deli salad

Price: $4.49 for 11 oz


Quick review: This chicken salad combined chicken breast with mayo, carrots, raisins, scallions, honey, toasted cashews, curry powder, and other seasonings. The result was a salad that was creamy and filled with flavor from all of the various seasonings and the curry powder. It definitely was not a bland chicken salad. It reminded me a bit of the biryani they used to sell in the frozen section (and which we miss), but in a salad form. There were probably some similar spices in the mix that contributed to that. I liked this salad a lot. It wasn't cheap, $4.49 for a little tub, but even paired with the greens, it was probably cheaper than most lunches I could buy outside.


Buy again? Maybe. It probably won't be a regular purchase since I can put together cheaper lunches at home, but it was tasty and I'd get it again every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment