Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Taim Mobile Pt 2

Taim Mobile had a special today for Harissa Falafel. Last week I was fortunate enough to try their Sabich so I thought that I would once again go with the daily special. Having never tried their regular falafel, I didn't have much of a basis from which to compare. I didn't really know what to expect either since their menu is always talking about their green falafel. I imagined it would be their regular green falafel with a spicy harissa sauce layered on top in addition to the other toppings they normally put on.

Special of the day

Imagine my surprise when I bit into my first falafel bite and came back to see a reddish inside. The falafel tasted like most other falafel I've had in the past. I didn't notice any distinct heat coming from them, but that could also be because it was somewhat masked by their S'rug which has a good amount of heat on its own. As usual, the hummus was smooth, silky, and delicious, and I had been craving some good hummus since the night before. The pickles today seemed a bit saltier than I remembered so I did my best not to eat them on their own.

Side view of the sandwich

Cross section (bite) of the harissa falafel

Overall, the sandwich was tasty even with the slightly salty pickles, but I would be interested in trying their regular falafel for a comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment